« | Archives | »

The Arrival of the MWJ

February '10

My second child arrived in a blizzard during the last week in February, so perhaps it’s no surprise I’m celebrating the completion of The Midlife Woman’s Journal (MWJ) in the same week. Writing this guided journal, which helps women at the midlife crossroads create new lives for themselves, has occupied me for a year.

It’s been fun to pull together the knowledge I’ve garnered as a certified life coach and former dean of continuing education at Wellesley College. I’ve worked with thousands of women reinventing their lives and in that time uncovered a simple truth: changing your life is an inside job.

That’s why the writing exercises and prompts in the MWJ are designed to take the reader on a voyage of self discovery.  In addition, stories of clients and former students who navigated the midlife passage successfully, are included to inspire the reader – along with weekly queries and suggestions.

My next steps in this writing adventure are to prepare a book proposal, find an agent and locate a publisher. Meanwhile, to make the MWJ the best book possible, I’ve printed 100 pre-publication copies to obtain reader feedback. I’m selling these copies at cost – $28.00 for design, printing, etc. (I couldn’t resist using vellum paper for smooth writing, spiral binding for easy use, and a colorful cover to brighten a winter’s day – photo below.)

If you, or your friends are in a journaling mood, and wish to purchase the MWJ, send me an email (coach@bonnieleonard.com), or give me a call (401-295-5115). I’m distributing these limited pre-publication copies on a first-come, first-serve basis.

So how about you?  What will you create this year?  What unrealized dream, nagging desire, or new adventure do you want to manifest? Naming it is your first step. Speak it aloud, and write it down – you’ll add energy to making this idea a reality.  If you like, let me hear about it too.

Next month, I’ll share what I learned from the twists and turns in developing the MWJ with the hope that the lessons will enhance your own expression.

Happy creating,
Bonnie MWJ image

14 Comments

1. Wendy said on February 24, 2010:

Congratulations Bonnie! MWJ sounds wonderful. I’ll be ordering my copy. You always inspire and now I would get to have you as part of my morning ritual. Much Love, Wendy

2. Michele said on February 24, 2010:

Hi Bonnie, I’m so excited for you that you’ve decided to write a book! How wonderful! Now, more lucky women will have the opportunity to benefit from your wisdom, warmth, and amazing insight into the process of midlife transformation. I often reflect on the time I spent with you, and marvel at the fact that I have achieved every goal we set during my life coaching sessions! I feel blessed to know you, Bonnie. Your own personal choice to become a life coach was indeed inspired. For those of us navigating this tricky terrain of redefining ourselves at midlife, you play the part of role model, mentor, and guide. Good luck to you in this most recent endeavor! Michele

3. JACKIE said on February 25, 2010:

lOVE THAT COVER!!!! GREAT NEWSLETTER.jmg

4. Bonnie said on February 25, 2010:

Hi Michele!

I’m thrilled to hear that you’ve achieved every goal set – what an accomplishment – you go, girl!

Thank you for your very kind comments and wishes,
    Bonnie

5. Bonnie said on February 25, 2010:

Thanks, Wendy!

I’d love to be a part of your morning ritual: )

Bonnie

6. Bonnie said on February 25, 2010:

Thanks, Jackie!

I love the cover too.

Bonnie

7. Barbara said on March 1, 2010:

Thanks for reserving one for me. Barb

8. Bonnie said on March 1, 2010:

Thanks, Barb! Will do.

Bonnie

9. Ann said on March 11, 2010:

Hi Bonnie,
    Please save me a book, you are an inspiration to myself and others. Thank you for reserving your book for me. I miss our S & B and look forward to getting back in the swing of things. Ann

10. Bonnie said on March 11, 2010:

Will do, Ann!

Miss you too,
    Bonnie

11. Wendy Warburton said on April 9, 2010:

Bonnie,

I feel so honored to have played even a tiny role in the birth of THIS Bonnie baby. From the excerpts I’ve been privileged to hear, you inspire and assist me in focusing on giving birth to my own dreams and yearnings.

Please reserve a copy of MWJ for me. Many thanks for sharing your wisdom and guidance.

Wendy

12. Bonnie said on April 10, 2010:

Hi Wendy!

Thank you for your very kind comments – I will be delighted to save a copy of the MWJ for you!

Bonnie

13. Barb said on December 23, 2010:

Bonnie, this will be a treasure for my family. Three generations can benefit from reading your book. Thanks for reserving one for me. Barb

14. Bonnie said on December 23, 2010:

Thanks, Barb! Merry Christmas!

Bonnie